Melt the butter in a saucepan. Pour off the melted yellow butter, leaving the milky solids behind.
Now add the citrus zests & juices. Leave aside in a bowl with a basting brush.
Blanch the peas, pod peas, green beans & asparagus in batches in boiling salted water until just tender, then refresh under cold running water.
Mix together the rice, lentils, oil & citrus juices with plenty of seasoning.
To barbecue the fish, arrange the fillets on an oiled fish grill, cook for 5 to 8 minutes each side.
Right at the end, brush liberally with the butter. If you do this too early, the butter will make the barbecue flame up & the fish may burn.
Put the fish on serving plates, brush liberally with the butter while it is still hot. Serve with the salad.
- 8 Fish Fillets (For the Citrus Butter)
- 150 gms Unsalted Butter
- 2 limes, 2 lemons, 2 oranges (For the green rice salad)
- 100 gms Fresh Peas
- 100 gms Pod Peas
- 100 gms Green Beans
- 100 gms Asparagus (trimmed)
- 175 gms Basmati Rice (cooked)
- (150 gms Green Lentils (cooked )
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon & 1 Orange Juices